I am SO excited to share with you an entire meal plan and shopping list so that you can buy and make 20 Meals for under $150 at Aldi! Keep in mind that prices vary per store, so yours may be a little bit higher or lower depending on the item. Also, this meal plan is based on a family of four people. However, if you have teenage boys that can eat a TON, then you may want to prepare a little more food than listed. Or your family may have small children (like mine) where all of these meals will easily feed our family of six.
So I realize that the title says 25 meals for $150… unfortunately, food has gotten more expensive since the time of making this meal plan, so it has been updated.
We priced it out, did our shopping and came in spending $147.51! That is $2.49 under budget!! You don’t have to get this all in one trip if that doesn’t work for your family. Many of these recipes you can also make ahead and freeze for a quick meal later on, we have noted that in the printable pack.
To make assembly as easy as possible, I’ve developed an AWESOME system to get these meals prepped in no time! You should be able to put all these meals together in under 2 hours! Most people have done it in 90 minutes. Here’s why – my unique “touch-each-ingredient-once” prep system.
See what I mean here:
Stick them in your freezer when you are done putting them together, then put in the slow cooker the morning you want to eat it. It really can’t be any easier!
Here are the recipes you will need – each is made twice:
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja
- Slow Cooker Meat Sauce
- Slow Cooker Ribs
- Slow Cooker Paprika Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- Burritos using Slow Cooker Cuban Pork
We have prepared an AWESOME printable pack for you that will make both your shopping trip and your preparation as easy as possible! It includes:
- Detailed preparation instructions
- Detailed shopping list organized by store section
- All recipes
- List of pantry items
And here is the shopping list:
- (2) Burmann’s BBQ Sauce, @$0.99 each
- (1) Berryhill Honey, 12 oz, @$2.99 each
- (1) Casa Mamita Salsa, 24 oz, @$1.69 each
- (1) Fusia Soy Sauce, 15 oz, @$1.19 each
- (1) Clancy’s Tortilla Chips, 13 oz, @$1.19 each
- (3) Happy Farms Cheddar Cheese, 8 oz, @$1.79 each
- (1) Friendly Farms Sour Cream, 1 lb, @$1.29 each
- (1) Carrots, 2 – 3 lb bag, @$1.29 each
- (1) Onions, bag of 7-8, @$1.89 each
- (1) Russet Potatoes, 10 lb bag, @$3.49 each
- (1) Mini Sweet Peppers, 16 oz, @$2.99 each
- (3) Kirkwood Chicken, fresh 2.5 lb pkage, @$6.98 each
- (2) Chicken Drumsticks, 2.5 lb pkage, @$2.98 each
- (2) Chuck Roast – 2 lb each, @$9.98 each
- (2) Pork Loin, 4 lb each, @$9.96 each
- (2) Top Sirloin Steak – 1.5 lb, @$8.99 each
- (1) Ground Beef 90% Lean, 2.25 lb pkage, @$11.98 each
- (2) Appleton farms Ribs, 2.25 lb, @$6.66 each
- (1) Dakota Pride Black Beans, 15 oz can, @$0.59 each
- (4) Happy Harvest Crushed Tomatoes, 28 oz, @$0.95 each
- (1) Benita Flour Tortillas, 20 ct, @$1.49 each
- (4) Happy Harvest Tomato Sauce, 8 oz, @$0.25 each
- (1) White Rice, 5 lb, @$2.69 each
- (1) Pueblo Lindo Burrito Tortillas, 8 ct, @$1.49 each
- (2) Season’s Choice Frozen Corn, 16 oz, @$0.89 each
- (1) Season’s Choice Frozen Peas, @$0.95 each
- (1) Reggano Spaghetti, 2 lb, @$1.49 each
- (1) L’oven Fresh Hamburger Buns, @$0.89 each
- (1) Specially Selected Italian Bread, 16 oz, @$1.69 each
- (1) Garlic, jarred 7 oz, @$1.99 each
A FREE Meal Plan? Yup.
Join 70,000 other subscribers and I'll send you this FREE 5 Day Meal Plan right away!