6 ways to save when Winterizing your home
Posted at 10:00 AM on Sep 13, 2012 by I am THAT Lady: Lauren
With the colder months quickly approaching us here are 6 ways to save when winterizing your home:
- Use Rope Caulk on your windows and doors to seal up holes that may let in cold air.
- Change Furnace Filter and have a furnace inspection (can cost around $75), but that may save you hundreds over the cold winter months.
- Have your Chimeny Inspected.
- Purchase a Programable Thermostat – reduce the heat at night while you sleep.
- Change Lightbulbs out to CFL Lightbulbs – this can save 75% in energy costs.
- Consider NOT going on the budget plan for your heating/energy costs. By not being on the budget plan there is an immediate incentive to conserve energy and pay more attention to your thermostat.
If you have trouble paying your heat bill – you can find details on the LIHEAP Program here. They offer many programs to help you pay for heating bill during the winter.
What other tips do you have to save money during the fall/winter months?