The Best Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Posted at 1:14 PM on Jun 14, 2013 by I am THAT Lady: Lauren
One of my favorite summer treats – is a homemade Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. I was so worried that I wouldn’t be able to eat it anymore – so I adapted my recipe to make it Gluten-Free. You can make this with a regular pie crust as well, but if you eat Gluten-Free try out my pie crust recipe! This also is dairy and egg free too!
Best Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Crust: (adapted from Betty Crocker recipe)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup shortening or Coconut oil
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (I used Better Batter because I am gluten-free)
- 8 tbsp cup cold water
- Mix together flour and sale
- Cut in Shortening or coconut oil with a pastry blender or use your hands to break it up into small pie sized pieces.
- Add water gradually until you have a nice consistency.
- Split apart into two balls roll and roll each ball flat into a pie crust. This will make enough for a double crusted pie.
- 2 cups of Strawberries
- 2 cups of Rhubarb
- 1 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour (I used Better Batter because I am gluten-free)
- 2 Tbsps butter (optional – omit if dairy free)
- Preheat over to 425 degrees F
- Cut up Strawberries and Rhubarb into small pieces.
- Mix together Sugar and Flour.
- Put 1 cup of Strawberries and 1 cup of Rhubarb in the pie crust.
- Top with half the sugar/flour mixture.
- Put the rest of the strawberries and rhubarb in the piece crust.
- Top with the rest of the sugar/flour mixture.
- Cut up butter into small pieces and layer on top.
- Put top of pie crust on and cut slices in the middle.
- Put tin foil around the edge of the pie to prevent crust from burning
- Cook for 35 minutes (put a cookie sheet under the rack to catch any drippings.)
- Remove Tin foil from outside of crust and continue to cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.