One of our new favorite things to eat is this easy cacciatore chicken recipe made in the slow cooker.
The flavors that result from the peppers, onions and dark meat chicken in the tomato sauce are simply delicious. The vegetables are so tender, and the meat pulls off the bone with a fork perfectly. You will LOVE this one!
Oh – and in case you’re interested, I’d LOVE to send you a FREE ALDI Meal Plan! 5 super easy meals prepared in about 45 minutes for under $50! Sign up right below:
Get this FREE Meal Plan!
5 AMAZING meals prepared in under 45 minutes! For real.
Ok back to the recipe at hand…
- 3 Chicken Leg Quarters, with the skin removed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper (of any color), sliced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz. each)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 oz. each)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt (more if desired)
- Shredded mozzarella
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- With the skin removed, brown chicken in oil. 2 minutes per side, flipping once.
- In the slow-cooker, combine crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, peppers and onions spices and mix. Add the chicken from the skillet.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over pasta and mozzarella cheese (put cheese directly on the pasta, and then top with the chicken and sauce).
A FREE Meal Plan? Yup.
Join 70,000 other subscribers and I'll send you this FREE 5 Day Meal Plan right away!