Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole with Broccoli
Posted at 9:31 PM on May 29, 2014 by I am THAT Lady: Mark
If you are looking for a simple and delicious meal, check out my cheesy chicken and rice casserole with Broccoli.
This cheesy and chicken rice casserole is made right in your Slow Cooker, so it really is SO easy!
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp white all-purpose flour
- Combine cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, water and seasoned salt in slow cooker and mix well.
- Place chicken breasts in soup mixture.
- Cook over low for 4-5 hours.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Mix in flour and whisk continuously for about 5 minutes or until the roux turns slightly brown.
- Add milk and stir until thick and bubbly. Add cheddar cheese and stir until smooth.
- Pour cheese sauce into the slow-cooker and mix well.
- Cook broccoli as directed in the microwave, and mix into the slow-cooker.
- Slightly pull chicken into smaller chunks (if not already done so through stirring)
- Serve over white rice.