This weeks Cooking with the FREE & Cheap Recipes is Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps. This is an allergy free dinner – free of gluten,eggs, and dairy.
Here on ‘I am THAT lady’ I want to show you that you can cook inexpensive and healthy meals for under $10. The prices were taken from my local grocery store but you should find comparable prices at your local store, you can print this recipe by hitting the print icon on the bottom of this post.
Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast – on sale at Price Chopper for $1.99/lb.
- Half of a bottle of La Choy teriyaki sauce (Gluten-Free) – on sale at Price Chopper for $1.99 – cost $1.00
- Price Chopper Peking Stir-fry Vegetables – on sale at Price Chopper for $1.89
- Head of Iceberg lettuce – on sale at Price Chopper for $0.99
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoon oil
- Rice – cost about $0.50
- In a small bowl mix the teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, and garlic powder together.
- Pour into a Ziploc storage bag along with chicken and marinate for at least 6 hours, best if done overnight.
- Cook up the chicken (I grilled ours), and cut up into bite size pieces.
- In a sauté pan, heat oil and add vegetables and cook until heated through. Add the chicken to the vegetables.
- Break off lettuce leafs and fill with chicken and vegetables.
Serve with a side of rice.
A FREE Meal Plan? Yup.
Join 70,000 other subscribers and I'll send you this FREE 5 Day Meal Plan right away!