Have you ever wanted to find a super simple lasagna recipe? Here is our favorite crockpot lasagna recipe. This uses Cottage cheese instead of Ricotta cheese which makes it a healthier option. You cannot tell the difference once it is cooked, so don’t get grossed out first!
Oh – and in case you’re interested, I’d LOVE to send you a FREE ALDI Meal Plan! 5 super easy meals prepared in about 45 minutes for under $50! Sign up right below:
Get this FREE Meal Plan!
5 AMAZING meals prepared in under 45 minutes! For real.
Ok back to the recipe at hand…
We used Farfalle Noodles in place of Lasagna Noodles because they were less money. This recipe turns out perfect every time, so we hope you enjoy it!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 24 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 12 oz. container of small curd cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 box of Farfalle Noodles (uncooked)
- 1 cup of water
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown meat in large skillet.
- Add garlic clove and sautee for another minute.
- Drain fat from meat
- Add crushed tomatoes, basil, and 1 tsp salt to meat.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- In a bowl combine cottage cheese, egg, mozzarella (leave 1/2 cup set aside), parmesan, and parsley.
- Grease the ENTIRE crockpot.
- Pour 1 cup of meat sauce on bottom of crockpot.
- Put down 1/2 box of noodles.
- Spread ½ of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
- Repeat layering and place one last row of noodles on top of cheese mixture and cover with remaining sauce.
- Cook on low for 4 hours and then add remaining cheese.
- Cook for an additional 10-20 minutes so that cheese melts.