This weeks Cooking with the FREE & Cheap Recipes is Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese.
Here on ‘I am THAT lady’ I want to show you that you can cook inexpensive and healthy meals for under $10. The prices were taken from my local grocery store but you should find comparable prices at your local store, you can print this recipe by hitting the print icon on the bottom of this post.
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
*adapted from this site
- 2 cups pasta (shells work the best, but they were all out when I went)
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut up
- Place shredded cheese and butter in crock pot and turn to high to melt.
- Boil pasta for 6 minutes, drain.
- Once the cheese and butter are melted add the milk, soup, sour cream, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir.
- Add the noodles and stir well.
- Turn the crockpot down to low and cook for 2 ½ hours, stirring occasionally.
Total Cost: $4.11
A FREE Meal Plan? Yup.
Join 70,000 other subscribers and I'll send you this FREE 5 Day Meal Plan right away!