Dark Chocolate Candy Cane Mini Cheescakes
Posted at 8:00 PM on Dec 12, 2012 by I am THAT Lady: Lauren
This weeks Cooking with the FREE & Cheap Recipes is Dark Chocolate Candy Cane Mini Cheesecakes.
Here on ‘I am THAT lady’ I want to show you that you can cook inexpensive and healthy meals for under $10. The prices were taken from my local grocery store but you should find comparable prices at your local store, you can print this recipe by hitting the print icon on the bottom of this post.
Dark Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cheesecakes
*adapted from this site
- 24 Oreos – $2.99 at Price Choper, $.50 off 1 Package of Oreos coupon that doubled, $1.99 and only used 2/3 of the package – COST $1.33
- 6 tablespoons melted butter – cost $0.50
- 16 oz. cream cheese – Aldi’s $1.98 for two 8 oz packages
- 4 oz melted semi-sweet chocolate, melted – used $0.99 Price Chopper Morsels coupon, used 1/3 of the bag – cost $0.33
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 48 Candy Cane Hershey kisses – $3.50 used ¾ of the bag- cost $2.63
- Crush up the oreos
- Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Line a mini muffin pan with mini cupcake liners.
- Spoon about ½ tablespoon of the cookie mixture into the bottom of each liner and press down. Set aside
- In a bowl combine cream cheese and melted chocolate. Blend well.
- Add eggs and sugar, mix well. Be sure to scrape the sides!
- Spoon about filling on top of the cookie crust and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Let the cheesecakes cool and then place in the fridge.
- Just before serving add a Hershey kiss to the top of each cheesecake.