Easy Beef Stew Recipe
Posted at 9:02 PM by I am THAT Lady: Lauren
This weeks Cooking with the FREE & Cheap Recipes is Easy Beef Stew.
Here on ‘I am THAT lady’ I want to show you that you can cook inexpensive and healthy meals for under $10. The prices were taken from my local grocery store but you should find comparable prices at your local store, you can print this recipe by hitting the print icon on the bottom of this post.
Easy Beef Stew
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast cut into 1 inch cubes – on sale at Price Chopper for $2.99/lb – cost $5.98 (if you buy packaged stew meat, you pay around $4.99/lb!!!)
- Baby carrots- $.95 at Aldi, used half of a bag – cost $.48
- 8 potatoes peeled and cut into cubes – Russet potatoes on sale at Price Chopper B1G1 Free, used half a bag – cost $1.00
- 4 cups beef broth – used beef bouillon, cost about $. 35
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbl oil
- Cover beef cubes in flour.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven pot and add meat.
- Brown on all sides.
- Add the broth, carrots, potatoes, and seasoning. Stir.
- Bring stew to boil and then turn down to low heat.
- Cook covered for 1 ½ to 2 hours.