Did you know that you can make an Easy chicken pot pie recipe right in your slow-cooker?
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe - in the slow cooker
Author: Lauren Greutman
- 1.5 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz each)
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups chicken broth (or 2 cups of water, 1 cube chicken bouillon)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- Combine cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, milk and seasoned salt in slow cooker and mix well.
- Place chicken breasts in soup mixture.
- Cook over low for 4-5 hours.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Mix in flour and whisk continuously for about 5 minutes or until the roux turns slightly brown.
- Scoop out about 3 cups of the cooked soup mixture and stir into the roux until well mixed and evenly thick (it should be very thick).
- Pour thickened mixture into the slow-cooker and mix well.
- Cook mixed vegetables as directed in the microwave, and mix into the slow-cooker.
- Slightly pull chicken into smaller chunks (if not already done so through stirring)
- Serve over warm biscuits.