This Easy Italian Sausage Soup recipe is super easy, has very few ingredients, and is just perfect for the colder weather. My son loves it, and he’s not much of a soup eater. Italian sausage is obviously the main ingredient, and it’s much easier if you can buy the sausage bulk or loose (not in casing).
Oh – and in case you’re interested, I’d LOVE to send you a FREE ALDI Meal Plan! 5 super easy meals prepared in about 45 minutes for under $50! Sign up right below:
Get this FREE Meal Plan!
5 AMAZING meals prepared in under 45 minutes! For real.
Ok back to the recipe at hand…
You can print off this recipe below for your convenience:
Easy Italian Sausage Soup Recipe
- 3 lbs. italian sausage (bulk, or removed from casing)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 – 1 tsp salt (depending on how salty you want it)
- 4 cans of beef broth (14 oz.) plus 2 cans of water
- 1 – 2 cups red wine
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 cup pasta (I use Ditalini)
- Saute italian sausage with the onions and peppers over medium heat until browned.
- Add crushed or finely chopped garlic and saute for one more minute.
- Drain, then add all remaining ingredients except the pasta.
- Simmer for 1.5 hours.
- Add pasta and cook until pasta is tender.
- Serve topped with grated cheese and parsley.
Make sure you check out more of my Easy Italian Recipes too!
A FREE Meal Plan? Yup.
Join 70,000 other subscribers and I'll send you this FREE 5 Day Meal Plan right away!