This Easy Italian Sausage Soup recipe is super easy, has very few ingredients, and is just perfect for the colder weather. My son loves it, and he’s not much of a soup eater. Italian sausage is obviously the main ingredient, and it’s much easier if you can buy the sausage bulk or loose (not in casing).
You can print off this recipe below for your convenience:
Easy Italian Sausage Soup Recipe
- 3 lbs. italian sausage (bulk, or removed from casing)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 – 1 tsp salt (depending on how salty you want it)
- 4 cans of beef broth (14 oz.) plus 2 cans of water
- 1 – 2 cups red wine
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 cup pasta (I use Ditalini)
- Saute italian sausage with the onions and peppers over medium heat until browned.
- Add crushed or finely chopped garlic and saute for one more minute.
- Drain, then add all remaining ingredients except the pasta.
- Simmer for 1.5 hours.
- Add pasta and cook until pasta is tender.
- Serve topped with grated cheese and parsley.
Make sure you check out more of my Easy Italian Recipes too!