Are you looking for a recipe to make Healthy Stuffed Peppers? Here is a favorite of ours that we make in our slow cooker, we prepare it right after lunch and we have a healthy dinner ready for us!
We hope you enjoy!
- 4 green bell peppers
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (32 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tsp seasoned salt (divided)
- Combine ground turkey, onions, rice and 1 tsp seasoned salt and mix well.
- Chop off the tops and hollow out each pepper, removing all seeds.
- Evenly stuff each pepper with the turkey/rice mixture.
- Place stuffed peppers in the slow-cooker.
- Combine crushed tomatoes, basil and 1 tsp seasoned salt to make a sauce.
- Cover stuffed peppers and the bottom of the slow-cooker with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
A FREE Meal Plan? Yup.
Join 70,000 other subscribers and I'll send you this FREE 5 Day Meal Plan right away!