Olive Garden Copycat Chicken and Gnocchi Soup Recipe
Posted at 8:00 PM on Aug 15, 2012 by I am THAT Lady: Lauren
My absolutely favorite soup at Olive Garden is their Olive Garden Chicken & Gnocchi Soup.
I came across this recipe and I had to try it – and it tastes just like the REAL recipe! Let me know how you like it!
Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
*adapted from Copykat Recipes
- 1lb. of chicken cooked and diced
- 1 16 oz package of gnocchi
- 1 quart of half and half
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup of celery, finely diced
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Cook gnocchi as directed and set aside.
- In a large pot saute onion, celery, garlic, and carrot until onion is translucent.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Add the half and half, broth, chicken, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well and heat to boiling, being careful not to let the milk scorch.
- Once it is boiling add gnocchi and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for an additional 5 minutes.