Olive Garden Copycat Chicken and Gnocchi Soup Recipe
Posted at 8:00 PM by I am THAT Lady: Lauren
This weeks Cooking with the FREE & Cheap Recipes is Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup.
Here on ‘I am THAT lady’ I want to show you that you can cook inexpensive and healthy meals for under $10. The prices were taken from my local grocery store but you should find comparable prices at your local store, you can print this recipe by hitting the print icon on the bottom of this post.
Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
*adapted from Copykat Recipes
- 1lb. of chicken cooked and diced
- 1 16 oz package of gnocchi
- 1 quart of half and half
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup of celery, finely diced
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Cook gnocchi as directed and set aside.
- In a large pot saute onion, celery, garlic, and carrot until onion is translucent.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Add the half and half, broth, chicken, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well and heat to boiling, being careful not to let the milk scorch.
- Once it is boiling add gnocchi and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
*Add New York Frozen Garlic Bread (on sale at Price Chopper, buy one get one free and use $1/2 New York Frozen Product, exp. 9/30/12 (SS 07/22/12) and a doubler) for $0.65 per loaf!!!!