The year of 2013 – looking ahead…
Posted at 1:56 PM by I am THAT Lady: Lauren
This year was a crazy one for me, I started 2012 with so many great goals and a lot of them I achieved but some of them I failed at!
Here were some of my 2012 goals:
- Read my bible every morning
before my kids wake up.(This is something I have been slacking on since my youngest was born.) – Something I am still working on….
- Get to the gym at least 3 times per week. - FAILED this one!
- Start putting money towards our 3-6 month emergency fund. – DONE, yay! We have a completed emergency fund!
- Have a playmate with a friend at least once per week. I did pretty good at this one too!
- Start up in the women’s bible study in my church. I did go a few times and hope to start up again soon!
I also added a few new people to the ‘I am THAT lady’ team to help me out, so you may have seen some new names around here. Keri, Andrea, Charla, Rachael, and Laura are all great women and know their stuff, so I am VERY thankful to have had so much help this year on the site!
We have gotten a lot of media attention this year, and I also have teamed up with Savings.com to become a Savings Nation Ambassador to teach more coupon seminars in the area! It has been great to be a part of such a great company and bring such top notch training to this area!
For 2013 I have done a lot of thinking and praying about IATL – ways to improve the experience for you as a reader…. SO… I am working with a company on a brand new site re-design. This is very exciting and hopefully we will get it done in the next 2 months, this will include a new mobile design as well for everyone who looks at the site on your phones I am also adding a weekly DIY contributor that will bring frugal gift ideas, DIY crafts with your kids, and more great content.
As far as personal goals this year I haven’t given them that much thought because I have been focusing on business goals the past few weeks, but the few goals that I have thought of are BIG for me:
- Pay Cash for a new van in 2013 – EEEK that is a BIG goal for me! We have been saving up though .
- Have a healthy baby in August
- Continue to read my bible daily.
- Make more set work hours and stick to them.
- Try at least 1 new recipe per month, and add it to my meal plan if the family liked it!
I would love to hear what some of your goals are this year! What are some things that you would like to see on IATL in 2013?
Thanks for being such great readers